Qigong and Taiji Classes
We are hoping that this class will recommence as soon as possible but South Lanarkshire Council have still not informed us of dates and any restrictions to numbers. This is not a drop-in class and must be pre-booked. Please let me know if you plan to attend as I need to know how many people are attending as numbers are limited to 12.
As there will still be Covid restrictions please note the following: –
- Hall staff are required to sanitize the hall before and after each class and this may impact on the length of the class. Please do not enter until advised to do so.
- Sanitizer will be available and you are required to use it (or your own) when entering the building.
- Do not attend the class if you have Covid-19, or have symptoms of Covid-19.
- It is mandatory that masks must worn while indoors as you will not be seated. If you are unable, for any reason, to wear a mask do not attend as you will be refused entry.
- If you are classed as an extremely vulnerable person (high risk) I advise that you postpone your return until you feel it is safe to do so.
- Social distancing is required and this impacts on the number of people who can attend the class. I believe that the maximum for this hall (with people stationary) is 20 so I will be limiting our classes to 12. This may need to be adjusted.
- Good ventilation is needed so some windows will be opened. Please take note of the temperature (I know it is getting warmer but this is East Kilbride) and have adequate clothing to be comfortable.
I think that I have covered everything and I am looking forward to seeing you all again and getting back into the Taiji and Qigong
Please see our range of online classes. If you wish to reserve a place for when the live classes resume, please use the Contact Us page and leave your details and which class you wish to join.
San Bao Martial Arts Taiji classes also teach the art of Qigong including the very popular Taiji Shibashi Qigong system. Our classes are fun and relaxed with everybody learning at their own pace. There is no rush, no pressure and no competition.
Taiji Quan is the most popular of all the Internal martial arts forms around the world with Yang Family Style being the most prolific. The meaning of Taiji is Grand Ultimate Fist or Supreme Ultimate Fist – this is not an egotistical claim to be the best martial art, it refers to the Taiji symbol, (more commonly known as the Yin/Yang symbol), which itself symbolizes the Universe (past, present, and future). As with all other arts, Taiji has become much more diverse as it different families and teachers, through the millennia, have influenced the moves/application/style. But through all this, even with the diversity of styles, the essence of the Internal Art must remain for any of these styles to be truly called Taiji.
The natural way of movement of Taiji is only achieved when there is harmony between the movement of the body, mind and spirit. The carefully structured patterns of the Taiji form reflect the Taoist views of the universe. Throughout the form, and indeed throughout life when one lives within the principals of Taiji, the Shen is lifted, making the upper body light and flexible, while the Qi is sunk, and feet are planted solidly on the earth. In Taoist philosophy, this is seen as symbolizing man’s position standing between the heavens and earth.
Taiji classes details
This class is currently full. If you wish to be updated of any future availability please use the Contact Us page to leave your details and what class you are interested in.
- Location – Stewartfield Community Centre, East Kilbride, G74 4TT.
- Day – Thursday.
- Time – 8.00 till 10.00 pm.
- Type – Taiji and Qigong
- Cost: £32.00 per month.
- Details – This class concentrates on learning the Taiji form in depth. Along with this, students are taught various Qigong sets and Qi awareness, push hands and some basic applications from the form.
The syllabus includes:
- Taiji forms
- Weapons forms
- Instructor – Des Lawton
- Further information – ‘Phone Des on 01355266011 or use the form on the Contact Us page.
Exercising your internal power is akin to refining iron into the purest steel. Then nothing can not be destroyed.